2017 GOLDEN STATE INTERNATIONAL WUSHU CHAMPIONSHIPS
Welcome! The 2017 Golden State Wushu International Wushu Championships. Golden State International Wushu Championships started in 2009. It’s officially sanctioned by the United States Wushu-Kungfu Federation (USAWKF) and Organized by National Tai Chi Wellness Foundation (NTCWF), Wu Academy and Li's Wushu Academy. This Championship is open to International and National Competitors, including Traditional & Contemporary Wushu, Shaolin, Tai Chi Quan, Group competition, All-Around championships and Health Qigong competition events.
Date and Place
Date: Saturday and Sunday June 17-18th 2017
Place: Independence High School. 701 N Jackson Ave. San Jose, CA 95133.
Registration: May 1st to June 10st, 2017.
1. Golden State International Wushu Championship
International and National Teams and Individuals are all welcome.
2. USAWKF Traditional National Wushu Team Trials
Current member of USAWKF and must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Residents.
（Athlete participate in any of the Golden State International Wushu Championship Traditional or Tai Chi events with score above 8.0 or top three ranking will be chosen to be a member of the traditional team. )
Competition Events and Grouping
For detail event information, please refer to the enclosed “Event Chart”.
(All age categories based on year beginning on January 1 and ending on December 31)
1. Individual Event Age Categories (including Qigong, Tai Chi, Wushu)
Group 1: 6 years old and under, male or female, born in 2011 or later, Group # (M1/F1)
Group 2: 7-9 years old, male or female, born in 20010-2008, Group # (M2/F2)
Group 3: 10-12 years old, male or female, born in 2007-2005, Group # (M3/F3)
Group 4: 13-15 years old, male or female, born in 2004-2002, Group # (M4/F4)
Group 5: 16-18 years old, male or female, born in 2001-1999, Group # (M5/F5)
Group 6: 19-25 years old, male or female, born in 1998-1992, Group # (M6/F6)
Group 7: 26-55 years old male or female, born in 1991-1962, Group # (M7/F7)
Group 8: 56 years old & over, male or female, born before 1961, Group # (M8/F8)
2. All-Around Championship
Traditional and/or Contemporary Wushu:
1) All-Around Group A: 12 years old and under, male or female
2) All-Around Group B: 13-18 years old, male or female
3) All-Around Group C: 19-25 years old, male or female
4) All-Around Group D: 26-55 years old, male or female
5) All-Around Group E: 56 years old and above, male or female
Category A,B,C Eligibility: Any athlete registered in Traditional and/or Contemporary Wushu, competing in at least one hand form, one short weapon event and one long weapon event, is eligible to apply for the All-Around Championship on the registration form. Category D and E Eligibility: Any athlete registered in Traditional and/or Contemporary Wushu, competing in at least one hand form and one weapon event, is eligible to apply for the All-Around Championship on the registration form.
3. Health Qigong and Tai Chi
All-Around Group F: 25 years old and under, male or female
All-Around Group G: 26-55 years old, male or female
All-Around Group H: 56 years old and above, male or female
Any athlete registered in Health Qigong and Tai Chi, competing in at least one hand form and one weapon event, is eligible to register in the All-Around Championship.
1) Traditional Hand Forms and Traditional Weapon Forms: less than 2 minutes.
2) Contemporary forms and Optional forms (Nandu): no less than 1 min 20 sec (except for Tai Chi forms, and age group under 18 years old)
3) Beginning forms or under 18 years old: no time limit
4) Wushu Duilian Form: not less then 40 sec, Tai Chi Duilian no more then 3 min.
5) Tai Chi Hand-Form series, Group Tai Chi series, Health Qigong Form series: 4-6 min and the head judge will blow a whistle when the athlete performs to 5 minutes
6) Tai Chi Weapons 3-4 minutes the head judge will blow a whistle when the athlete performs to 3 minutes
1) All events’ music is not allowed to have narration or vocals
2) All Group events require Music
3) All individual Tai Chi and Health Qigong related music would be chosen by the judge panel randomly during the competition.
Separate and Combined Group
1) If the same age group is less than 4 people, the group will need to be combined with other higher age group or similar event group.
2) If the same age group is more than 10 people, the group will be divided into A and B Groups by close age range.
Group event requires a minimum of 6 participants per team, no age or gender restrictions, individuals may compete in more than one group event.
1) All Tournament Competitions will consist of individual events.
2) Golden State Championships will be conducted in accordance with the 2005 [International Wushu Competition Rules] endorsed by the IWUF, all Traditional events shall adopt the 2006 Guidelines authorized by the China Wushu Management Center, and the updated regulations.
3) Health Qigong Tournament shall adopt the [Health Qigong Demonstration and Exchange Competition Scoring Guidelines and Standards] authorized by the China Health Qigong Management Center and the updated regulations.
4) The power of interpretation of the Rules rests solely with the IWuF. In the event of disagreement regarding the interpretation of the Rules, the Chinese Text shall prevail.
Ranking and Awards
1) USAWKF National and International Wushu Championships: Tournament ranking is from the highest to the lowest competition score. If 10 or more participants compete in an event, the top 8 athletes will be awarded a ranking certificate. For events fewer than 10 participants, the two lowest ranking participants will be eliminated. For events fewer than 5 participants, 1 participant will be eliminated. Participants with tied scores will receive the same ranking certificate. For individual competitors, the top 3 highest scoring athletes will be awarded with their trophy.
2) All-around event: on obtaining the highest score and ranking from two, or three individual competitions (refer to the specific registration requirements for All-Around Competition), an All Around Champion Trophy will be awarded to the top 3 individual athletes.
3) Group event: Top three group events will be received a group trophy and all members will receive certificates.
Fee and other Expenditures
1) Individual competition & Duilian registration fee is US $60 per person, plus US $20 for each event.
2) Group competition: US $20/person
3) All-Around Competition: US $30
4) Competition tickets: US $15 for all spectators, Children under 10 is free.
5) Master Demo tickets are $15 for all spectators, all team members and Children under 10 years old are free.
6) Parents discount price for competition ticket $20 for all events (Buy on line at www.KungFuDirect.com search for “Golden State Ticket”.
7) Athletes, Coach and Team Leaders are Free. Ticket or wristband will be received with Competition ID badge.
1) General Registration:
Team Leaders or School Coaches may collect all individuals or group registration forms and fees; register by fax or by mail.
2) On-line Registration:
Group or individuals may use the quick and easy on-line registration system. Website: www.GoWushu.com.
3) Registration time frame:
Registration begins on May 1st, 2017 and ends on June 10st, 2017.
Registration Criteria and Procedures
1) All participants enrolling in any competition event should handle their own accident insurance. A waiver form must be signed and every participant must agree to the terms before entering our on-line registration system.
2) No late registrations will be accepted after the deadline. You must notify the organization committee of all necessary changes 15 days prior to the event, please note that there will be a US $35 penalty regardless to each change or re-registration.
3) Each group shall select 1 Team Leader and 2 Coaches. ID’s will be issued to all Team Leaders, Coaches, and Athletes and they are not required to purchase admission tickets. Any group with 15 members or above is eligible to nominate one Certificated Judge (or a person can certify his/her experiences in judging). Such Judge or person will be assigned after approval from the organization committee.
4) All athletes shall “Draw Lots” to determine their orders to compete in the listed events. “Draw Lots” appears on the last procedure of the on-line registration system and it will be ready 5 days prior to the tournament.
5) All ID’s shall be picked-up and distributed by their Team Leader or group organizer. Individual athletes shall pick up his/her ID at the check-in desk.
No official hotel will be provided for the tournament. Below is a list of recommended hotels nearby:
1) Fairfield Inn & Suites by San Jose Airport
2) 1755 N 1st St, San Jose, CA
3) Biltmore Hotel and Suites Santa Clara Hotel
2151 Laurelwood Rd, Santa Clara, CA
4) DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose
2050 Gateway Pl, San Jose, CA
1) San Jose Airport (SJC) 5Mailes
2) San Francisco Airport (SFO) 38Mailes
Administration of the Competition
1) The organizing committee will administer all the competitions.
2) The selected athletes must participate the World or International Wushu Tournament and related competitions. The USA National Wushu team will have the final right to determine the representative team members.
3) All participating athletes are required to attend the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.(Each group should attend the formal march-in ceremony this year.)
4) All participating groups, teams or athletes are recommended to provide the following:
a) Team or Group Flag (1 x 2 m), or Banner
b) A copy of Confirmation of Registration from the website
c) Self-selected music for the routine, in the form of a CD or iPod
d) Decent Team Uniform
Fax: +1(408) 973-8200
Email Address: Clubtaichi@yahoo.com
Competition Website: www.GoWushu.com
USAWKF Website: www.USAWKF.com
The Competition Committee will post updates in a timely manner